Monday, July 18, 2016

Crochet Summer Sandals



My go to gifts for baby showers and new babies for the last few years has been blankets, booties and beanies. So far all new bubba have been born in the cooler months or interstate so these items have been suitable. That is until now, a friends daughter is due to have her little girl in September, in Queensland she definitely wont need winter woollies at that time of year.
I was asked to make her something though, this took a little thought. What to make with yarn that would be suitable for warmer months? After much scrolling through Pinterest for some inspiration I decided on some cute little crochet sandals.


I have mentioned before that I struggle to read patterns, I figured that these shouldn't be too hard to figure out and I was right. I managed to wing my way through making them and love how they turned out. these were made with cotton instead of the normal wool or acrylic I tend to use which will be better for the warmer climate. I also decided to add a granny stitch style bonnet which wont be as hot as the traditional beanie.
The mumma to be loved them. Might have to try a few more of these.


Thanks for visiting
Lis :)


No comments:

Post a Comment