Friday, July 15, 2016

Crochet Newborn Cardigan

After many many hours of crocheting up little bubba boy outfits and blankets in the last 12 months this year I got to work with some pretty girly colours. This newborn sleeveless cardigan has now been received so I can share with you all.
Isn't it just the prettiest colour and it was super soft and easy to work with. The yarn is Red Heart Gumdrop, a new yarn being sold in Big W this year - Redheart has a few different colourways you should check them out - It doesn't say what ply it is but I used 5mm hook and it feels like maybe a 10ply. Has anyone used it before?
I used a basic yoke pattern to fit a newborn then a v stitch for the bodice finished of with a scalloped edge and added a collar instead of just a border. I did add some buttons but realised I photographed it before adding them.





Thanks for visiting
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment