Monday, March 14, 2016

Handmade envelopes

The last lot of birthday cards I made I decided to go bigger instead of the standard blank cards you  can get at any craft store. Once I had made the cards however I realised I didn't have any envelopes the right size for them.
Being that they weren't really a standard size going out and buying envelopes wasn't really an option so I had a go at making some.


I pulled apart an old envelope I had been sent and made a template, it came together much easier than I thought it would. After finishing them off and addressing my envelopes it occurred to me that I had a whole heap of duplicate pattern papers that would make really pretty envelopes.
A fair bit of cutting sticking and a few mistakes and I had a big bunch of larger envelopes that are much prettier than the standard white store brought ones.




Going big might just be my new standard from now on.



Thanks for visiting
Lis :)


No comments:

Post a Comment