Monday, February 17, 2014

Hats for Teens at Westmead

Do you have an abundance of left over wool or maybe need a new project to do ? Retromummy and one of her readers are joining forces, their aim is to have as many people as possible make and(or) donate hats for the Westmead Hospital Cancer patients.



This is what Corrie had to say....
I love the emails and messages I receive from readers. Last night I received one from a lovely lady Lisa and I got straight back to her. Her 8 year old son has just been given the all clear after liver cancer. As she was leaving Westmead she discovered that they need hats for teenagers battling cancer and going through chemo. She wants to help and she messaged me. I knew it was something that we could easily come together and do.

In the past I have knitted up tiny teeny beanies for the NNICU at my local hospital and know they really appreciate the gifts! I didnt even have to think twice about helping Corrie and Lisa out with this project, its such a great cause and a beanie can be knitted or crocheted up quite quickly.

Checking out my stash or leftover yarn and I had a collection of colours to choose from, grabbed a hook and found a pattern. Im lucky enough  (sometimes haha) to have my own teens at home, so they were my models for making sure the hats were the right size.

They really do come together in such a short time and I was able to get one done in a night sitting watching tv. I got a couple more done that I forgot to take photos of, even tried out a slouch hat pattern for the first time.
If you want to know more about this project then head on over to Retromummy's blog and get all the details.

Pattern details
Beanie
Slouch Beanie

Thanks for stopping by
Lis :)


No comments:

Post a Comment