Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Thrifty treasures!

It's been awhile since I shared any of my thrifty finds,  I have still been visiting my local stores. I try and get out a couple of days a week and I am lucky that around here I have a good selection of stores to browse through.
Might sounds really silly but wandering around a thrift store I find relaxing, I always go by myself, and just wander and go through racks of clothes and shelves of nick knacks and books. I suppose its my time just for me.
I don't always come home with any treasures some days I can visit a number of shops and leave with an empty bag and other days I find lots of things that appeal!

 The cushions above were cute and the navy one is a huge floor cushion (after a good wash) the boys love lounging on the floor with it. The quote on the notebook caught my eye as did the cute little calico bag that someone has lovingly stitched. Love the clock the minute I saw it, didn't care if it worked or not (knew hubby could get it working) but it did! Its only small but perfect for my kitchen!


How gorgeous are these vintage posters, I just have them blue tacked to a cupboard in my craft room at the moment, still deciding whether or not to frame.


A couple of baskets which are now home to some of my supplies, the pink one whilst a little bent out of shape is HUGE and just so pretty!

Always on the look out for globes and this is the first one that I have ever found, its not very big (about 10cm high) but it had to come home. Maybe one day it will sit with a few larger friends :)

As children my sisters and I had a huge basket full of these blocks, mum still has them but wont give them up. I would love to find some larger ones but was so thrilled to find these. the boys have had a little fun changing the letters around to form different words lol (if you follow me on instagram you will of seen the photos).


























I'm not sure what I was thinking when I brought this beautiful cotton and lace hanging, but it was just so pretty I HAD to have it. The work on it is beautiful.

So there you have my finds over the last month or so, quite a large bundle of goodness! Do you thrift shop ? What have you found that is beautiful or unique ? Would love to see, link me up in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by
Lis :)










2 comments:

  1. What great finds! I love the canvas bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did well! Love your treasures!

    ReplyDelete