Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crochet

I learnt to crochet!!!!!!! Not just chains and squares which ive been able to do for awhile now, but I wanted to make some of the gorgeous things I see around the place. It looks so much prettier than knitting and the progress is alot quicker believe it or not.
So with a little help from Marie (thank you so much) I got my circles looking flat instead of like bowls lol and I mastered the double crochet stitch.
I started on some granny squares, and oh I love this pattern and probably will crochet up more squares than I know what to do with lol.
here are some examples of what ive done so far..



These ones are so pretty and so very soft, love this wool its so easy to crochet with.


So after mastering the granny square I decided that a flower was a must learn (being a scrapbooker and all), so many choices and uses for them.

It took a little while to find a pattern that I understood (im a visual person so pictures really help) I managed to work out what a 'hdc' (half double crochet) was and more impportantly how to do it.
Hello little sweet flower! Isnt it so pretty, so proud of me for mastering this lol


Here is what it looks like finished of and made into a ring for a friend :)



My next attempt is a triangle, ugh i searched so much yesterday and had so many attempts but just couldnt get my head around it, but I will perservere. If any of you have a really easy pattern (preferably with pictures) please let me know.

Cheers Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment