Monday, September 19, 2016

Little girls crochet poncho

Sometimes when making handmade gifts I get a little nervous that 1. They will be liked  and 2. That they are actually items that will be used. You might remember my post about making  a toddler poncho - read all about it here - I went through a little anxiety about whether or not a poncho was too old fashioned or not. My doubts were totally unfounded as apparently its their time again (maybe not for everyone), so I decided to attempt another one.


This time I was making for an older child so had to rework the design a little making sure that the neck opening would be big enough. I think (hopefully) I got it right!
This time I used a pretty pink/mauve integrated yarn in 8ply and used the same for the fringe rather than a plain and contrasting colour fringe. Still used the granny stitch on this one as the one before, thinking next time I might try for a different stitch or even mix it up a little.



Now I just have to send it out and hope one little princess loves it.


Thanks for visiting
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment