Friday, October 30, 2015

History repeats

 

For those of you who know me or have read my blog from the start you will know all about our big move back in 2000. Those new readers just let me recap for you.
In June 2000 John and I moved our 3 boys aged 7, almost 4 and 2.5 from Tasmania to Brisbane. Away from Grandparents, aunties, uncles and extended family as well as a whole heap of friends. It was one of the hardest decisions we ever made.


Over the last few weeks I have heard the word karma used ALOT. My eldest son along with his fiancee and little bubba made the decision to move their family to the Sunshine Coast. The company he works for offered him a job up their and he accepted.
Did I cry when he told me? No! but I cant lie I was gutted, it was hard enough as a mum to cope when he moved out of home let alone all the way up the sunshine coast!
You will understand now where the karma comments keep coming from. "you know you did the same thing to your parents" was a much used phrase.


We spent a whole weekend helping them move into a really lovely home and the neighbourhood and surrounding area looks really nice. They are close to the beach, so lookout weekends on the sunny coast are on the agenda!!


I am getting used to the idea, its hard missing them all heaps, especially our little grand bubba. I am just grateful that they only moved a couple of hours up the freeway not  a whole other state or 3 away!


Thanks for visiting
Lis :)




No comments:

Post a Comment