Friday, May 01, 2015

Sophies Universe blanket progress

For weeks I have been seeing  gorgeous photos on instagram of Sophies Universe CAL blanket. Lots of ladies are playing along and I decided that seeing as all my baby crochet was done and I needed something else to do to give it a try.



I found the blog link and read through it a few times and thought ooh I don't know if I can do this, it looks hard and my crochet knowledge isn't that good.
Another couple of weeks went by and I was still seeing lovely photos or ladies progress, so I went back to the blog and decided to give it a go.
I can give up if it works out to be too hard right?


A trip to spotlight to pick out some yarn - I decided to go brights and after completing part one almost changed my mind again.. I was not liking the colours at all, but I kept at it and slowly it grew on me.


I started this project many weeks after everyone else so have a fair bit of catching up to do, but so far I am loving it.
I am learning quite a few new stitches and even though I have had to redo some rounds a few times due to mistakes I'm going to keep at it.


I have just completed part 4 and I am really happy with how it is turning out, still lots more to go though.
You can find all the info about this crochet project on Sophies blog here.


Thanks for visiting
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment