Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Handmade gifts - Personalised Zentangles


Teenagers and young adults are hard to get gifts for at anytime, so creating something handmade for them becomes a real dilemma.
I have in the past made blankets but as I had a few to create gifts for that was out just due to time constraints. After some searching around for inspiration I came up with the idea of personalised zentangles.


 The first couple I did just with their initial, on A4 canvas sheets. There were 3 of these that had to be mailed and one of them overseas so I left these ones unframed for safer travelling (don't want glass breaking in the mail).
Then for my niece and sons girlfriend I did A3 size sheets with their full name and picked up some nice black Ikea frames (at the thrift store for $4) trimmed them a little and popped the artwork inside.


I think they looked great and the girls all agreed, they loved them. The hardest bit about these was finding the right size frame. The larger full name ones were a little more time consuming but they proved to be a great gift for the teenage girl!

Thanks for stopping by
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment