Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Zentangling the fancy art of doodling


 Are you a doodler ? I confess I am!
Give me a pen or pencil and something to draw on and it will generally have doodles of some sort, especially those times when I'm on hold on the phone!
A couple of years ago I was introduced to the art of Zentangle. For those of you who aren't familiar with it (google it its fun) it is all about using different lines and dots to form patterns. The way I see it doodling taken to the next level!
 

I was lucky enough to find both these books in my op shop travels recently and have been reading them both trying to learn more!
There are some beautiful intricate patterns as well as some basics that everyone should be able to master. I kinda just let it flow when I'm zentangling, go with what works or looks good.
 
Last year I did up some simple Initials for friends with some of the more basic patterns. I have done a couple up this year and tried out some new patterns but cant share those until after Christmas!

If you give zentangling a go or have done in the past please link me up I would love to see!


Thanks for stopping by
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment