Thursday, March 20, 2014

Handmade Gifts - Granny Square blanket

So at the begining of the year I made myself a few promises, one was to make as many handmade gifts as possible this year - check going well so far. Second was to use up all my scrap yarn before I brought myself any new yarns - well... I may of just broken this promise. In my defence though I only brought cotton yarn for dishcloths and coasters not yarn for blankets or clothing, thats ok right ?


As you can see from the photos this blanket used up alot of leftover balls of yarn making it quite colourful. I wasnt sure that the colours were good together or the pattern worked, but it is growing on me. What do you think ?

Even though it is slightly larger than baby cot size I think maybe it might work better as a lap blanket for a chilly night watching tv. For now though it gets stored away until its time for a new home!


Thanks for stopping by
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment