Friday, March 29, 2013

Illustration friday

I was browsing through my blog reader a couple of weeks ago, catching up on the lovely Miss Kate's blog. In one of her posts she mentioned a site called Illustration Friday, having not seen this blog before I decided to go have a peek.
You can go check out the whole blog for yourself but they are a site dedicated to illustrations (as the name suggests) and every Friday they have a weekly topic where you are encouraged to draw something and upload it.
I have been playing around with drawing in my art journals a tiny bit for awhile, and also trying my hand at some painting and sketching so I thought why not give it a go.
Please not that my drawings are very very basic and maybe even a little childlike, but you have to start somewhere right? Im hoping that if I keep going that I will eventually get better at it,but for now im having fun interpreting their topics.

Weekly topic - eye glasses




































Weekly topic - swim





































I have recieved comments a few times over the years ive been crafting (12 years) about how I must of loved art and school and done so well at it.
I did art in year 7 at high school as it was a compulsary subject, then the next year when we could choose I dropped it and never took it again! Sometimes I wish I had kept taking those classes, maybe I would of learnt alot more about techniques and styles and would be alot better than I am now.....but I never did so will just have to try and learn as much as I can now.

Thanks for stopping by
Lis :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! I think your eyeglasses illustration is so cool! I love the abstract color blocking, and the soulfulness of that eye!

    ReplyDelete