Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Its flowering!!

Blogtoberfest 2011 - day 4

When we first moved into our home there were two pots sitting out that back, they looked dead, bulbs exposed nothing really that looked like a plant. Now having black thumbs (family laugh that I killed a parsley plant once) I just left it....
To my huge surprise come spring these pots started to flower, every year after that we had 3-4 flowers in each pot. Dad visited one year and informed me they were Hippiastrum (sp) he also decided to take cuttings back home for himself. Didnt bother me, until that is spring came around next year and no flowers, next year no flowers, whilst the cuttings dad took home flowered and continued to every year.
Its an ongoing joke between me and dad about his Hippiastrum flowering and mine not, I blame him of course lol
With all the work we are doing out the back we decided to move the pots and put near the back steps, figured it wouldnt hurt they werent doing any good where they were anyways.

WELL.... this morning I go out the back to hang the washing and I have buds!!! OMG they are going to flower this year!! Obviously the move was good for them.
I was so excited I had to share, and yes there will be a phone call to dad tonight to brag lol





Cheers Lis :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Blogtoberfest.
    Congratulations on your flowers and congratulations to your son as well. I know exactly how you feel, letting them go so 'soon' it wasn't that long a go that we were holding their hand as they learnt to walk.

    ReplyDelete