Wednesday, February 10, 2010

11 weeks later...

and the plaster is gone and it HEALED!!!!
So happy to hear the ortho say those words, I was so scared that it hadnt healed.
I can now shower without taking ages to get ready for it, I can sleep comfortably without this heavy weight making it hard to turn over.
My leg looked bloody awful lol as you can imagine 11 weeks having seen no water, no sunlight, NO RAZOR lets just say extremly ugly and not get into the horrid icky details lol.
Now whilst the plaster is gone, my incarceration has not, I am still to wear what they call a moon boot (see pictures below), BUT im allowed to start walking on it. Now this isnt as easy as I thought it would be, getting very frustrated that im not making more progress, I know I have to be patient, but its not a strongpoint.
I can walk around the house now just using one of the crutches, so am able to at least carry things and do a few more things.
I am to see the ortho again on the 2nd March to see how its going and discuss things further. I will be seeing the physio on the 15th Feb to work out a schedule for exercising and getting this darn leg and foot back to normal.





So not quite as pretty as the plasters ive had but id much rather have the boot!

Cheers Lis :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, Im glad that your cast came off and your leg is healing.

    I hope wiht exercise and time you will be back to full compacity soon.

    Just take it easy won't you.

    ReplyDelete