Friday, August 05, 2016

Crochet Toddler Poncho

This year I wanted to be a little more adventurous with my crochet and try to learn new things. One of those things was making things myself without a pattern, the other creating more than just baby booties and blankets. Ive managed to do both of those things with this project, which is making its way back into wardrobes. Ponchos were all the rage a few decades back but now are becoming popular again.
After a little bit of time and frogging the start I was able to work out the neckline, after that it was just a matter of making sure I increased in the right place each round.
Made with 8ply acrylic yarn using a 5mm hook, a simple granny stitch with a contrasting colour added for the fringe and chain tie at the neckline.



This one suitable for a 1-2 year old, in going to work on a bigger one next time and maybe a different stitch.


Thanks for visiting
Lis :)



No comments:

Post a Comment