Monday, February 23, 2015

Crochet blanket birthday gift


I have this sort of tradition where I make a crochet blanket for my sons girlfriends for the first birthday they are part of our family.
Dan mentioned early in the new year that  Tiara's birthday was the 5th February...OMG really that gave me a month to make a DB blanket!!!


Now I could of just gone oh well, she can have her blanket for next birthday but always up for a challenge I picked out wool in her favourite colours and started hooking!
I started of using the pretty v stitch and quickly realised that  I was going  to have to change tact because of the time restraints and I also wasn't sure if I was going to be able to have enough wool.

A granny stripe seemed the quickest stitch to use but with the  issues I decided to go with a granny rectangle. That way at least I wasn't going to get to then end of my wool and have only half a blanket. As it turned out I was able to source more wool and the blanket ended up being a DB.


I was doing alright for time until we hit a couple of 35c+ days where I just couldn't do any crocheting at all. I did end up finishing it on time, with a day to spare so all was good and the birthday girl loved it!!



Thanks for stopping by
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment