Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Lets Read - the unfinished list


Reading is something I love to do and always have. Ask me how many books Ive read this year though and you might think twice about reading be a hobby.
I have accumulated quite a few books this year, all sitting patiently waiting to be opened. Do you do that, buy lots of books and then just have them sit on shelves unread?


I'm a big believer in if I start a book then I must finish it, even if its the worst book ever. I am pretty picky about the titles I buy though and read the covers thoroughly first.
I'm not sure why I'm like this, just feel that I should finish something I started. This is part of the reason that I haven't read many books this year.
I started last year reading Michael J Fox biography, and whilst it was interesting it was a really heavy read with lots of medical references and took me ages to finish. I then started  The Forgotten Children by David Hill, amazing true story about bringing English children to Australia in the early 1930 -50s but once again quite a heavy read.
I'm actually breaking my rule with this one and not finishing it......


So I may start before the end of the year is out depends on how busy it gets and what handmade gifts I still have to make, but here is my reading list for 2015.
I'm sure this list will grow as more thrift store visits usually results in more books to read!


The Bourne Identity - Robert Ludlum
The Abduction and Last Juror - John Grisham
Edge of Reason - Bridget Jones
Marley & Me - John Grogan
The Diary of Anne Frank - going to read this one again, read when I was in school
Legacy - Danielle Steele
Tandia, Jessica, Power of One, April Fools Day, Smokey Joe's Cafe - Bryce Courtney
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
The Pact, Perfect Match and Picture Perfect - Jodi Picoult
Valley of the Horses, Mammoth Hunters, Shelters of Stone, The Plains of Passage - Jean Auel
Runaways - V C Andrews

As you can see from the list there is a good mix of genres and authors on my bookshelf, I like to mix it up.

Who is your favourite author or series of books ?

Thanks for stopping by
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment