Monday, March 18, 2013

Ripple crochet blanket progress wk3


After having taught myself how to crochet a few years ago Ive made a granny square blankets, reasonably easy stitch to pick up. I never tried anything to complicated or more than a dc, that is until I read on Mel's blog about her ripple blanket and how she was starting up a 'ripplealong'. You can read more about it all here.
The blanket she made was really pretty, I decided to play along too. I pulled out some wool and had the pattern and was all set. It wasnt as easy as I thought it would be, after numerous trys I just couldnt get the pattern right, my ripple looked more like a lopsided curve lol

I unpulled and tried a few times before I decided there had to be an easier way. The first thing I did was choose different wool (navy was just too hard to see the stitches) and I found a pattern that I found easier to comprehend. Thankfully it worked and my ripple actually started to look like a ripple.
 
 It was slow going  at first with the rows seeming to take forever as I made sure I was doing it  right, but after awhile I got more confident and the blanket started to grow.

 I spent a lovely morning at Tamar's with Carissa helping Tamar to get started on her own ripple blanket, although I wasnt alot of help, Carissa is a little more experienced in crochet than me.
I spent the next 2 weeks in Tassie with my mum and dad and for the 1st week didnt even get my crochet out, but in the 2nd week I managed to get quite a few rows done. Im really liking how its looking, the colours and the pattern are just so pretty.


I made this one small for a friend who is having a baby, but cant wait to get started on another bigger one for me.
If you want to have a look at more inspiration head over to Mel's blog or follow along on instagram #ripplealong.

Thanks for stopping by.
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment