Friday, January 11, 2013

Mixed media canvas art

Towards the last half of 2012 I lost my motivation to scrapbook but still felt the need to be creative. I played in my art journals but I wanted to try something else, so I decided to have a play with some canvas art.
I still have a long way to go but I loved creating on canvas, I painted and used different papers but mainly my big stash of serviettes.
Here is a little look at some of what I created.


























The large family canvas bottom right  was a present for my sons girlfriend, she loved it. The birds in the top left and owl in the bottom right were both donated to my friend Korie who is fundraising for the Cancer council. The larger bird canvas (top right) is my favourite and sits on a shelf in my craft room.




































The be free and bird canvases were both donated to Korie along with the others and the sun and house canvas are both currently awaiting new homes :)

I found that the serviettes are much easier to work with than heavier papers and I definately need a really good adhesive - more modge podge on the shopping list.
I will definately be making more!!

Thanks for stopping by
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment