Thursday, June 28, 2012

Car accident

 Back in May I got a phone call that had my heart in my throat, "Josh has had a car accident he has been taken to Royal Brisbane by ambulance"
The tears formed and begin falling before John even got out the next sentance. Thank god Josh was ok just a little bruised and sore.
His car on the other hand didnt fare so well, although when I saw it after it got picked up from the impound yard I was surprised that it wasnt worse.
Beacuse of where the accident took place the car got towed immediately, we had to arrange to get it out of impouns the next day or it would be stuck there over the weekend, John arranged a trailer and got it back home to our place.



































After removing the banged up bonnet and guards John was able to have a good look at what was wrong, and luckily for Josh fathomed he would be able to fix it himself. A few trips to the wreckers and lots of hard work from Josh but more so John it began to look more like a car again.













The car is now back on the road (after a little alternator issue) and the boy once again has his freedom back.
Big lessons learned from Josh one of which being, not to use his own car for work again and a huge bill to pay back to Dad.

All in all I am just thankful that Josh or no one else got hurt, a car can be repaired as his was a person cannot be.
Josh is my oldest too, with two more boys still to get licences and cars I think im gonna get grey quickly lol

Thanks for stopping by

Lis :)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God Josh was ok. and no-one else got hurt. Big lessons.... sometimes it's these that teach us the most and save us from something worst.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he is ok. So not looking forward to mine getting his licence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a scary phone call - I'm so glad he was fine. And excellent that you guys could fix the car yourselves too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a terrible call to get!! So pleased everything was ok. :)
    I have two boys driving around and there is not a day when I don't worry about them on the road.
    Love that he could do so much work himself, mine aren't quite that independent! lol

    ReplyDelete